XR2 Mk2 Steering Rack

Dieses Thema im Forum "Fiesta Mk1/Mk2" wurde erstellt von billwoodland, 14. Februar 2008.

1. billwoodland

billwoodland Forums Neuling

Ich bin in Kanada, und kaufte ein Quantum kitcar aus dem Vereinigten Königreich. Leider habe ich nicht Deutsch sprechen, sondern müssen zu einer Fiesta Mk2 (1983-1989) Lenkung LHD-Rack in neue oder sehr gutem Zustand, und ein Bindestrich Mk2, ebenfalls in gutem Zustand. Ich suche dringend eine Quelle in Deutschland, Englisch spricht. Thankyou!

2. Mk2 16V

Mk2 16V Forums Inventar

Could you repost your question in english please? Quite weird translation... :)

3. TS
    billwoodland

looking for Xr2 Mk2 Steering Rack

Hello- Sorry, I used 'Google Translate'
    I'm in Canada, and I recently purchased an excellant RHD Quantum (kit car) from England, and as we did not receive Fiestas in North America, I've been trying to find a Left-Hand-Drive steering rack in the UK to convert to LHD, but without any luck. All suggested that I should try Germany.
    So I was hoping, that by posting on this site, I would find someone who speaks English and knows where I might purchase a LHD Xr2 Mk2 steering rack in very good condition, and I also would like to purchase a LHD dash with or without instruments.
    I would be very grateful! All other parts are easy to obtain through EBay and Fiesta Sites.
    Thankyou! Bill

4. Mk2 16V

Mk2 16V Forums Inventar

I think i can help you out. Just make a detailed list or maybe take pictures of the RHD-parts you want to change. I think I have a dashboard, too. Shipping will be rather expensive i believe, maybe you have a suggestion to save some costs?

5. TS
    billwoodland

There's no long list, just (1) the Mk2 Steering Rack unit (Left-Hand-Drive!) with no attachments, must be very good. And also (2) a Left-Hand-Drive Dash (can't find the proper German word) -just the Dash by itself, as I don't need the instrument pod whch I can refit from the old one. The Dash should be in reasonable undamaged condition.
    Neither are very large or heavy, so shipping shouldn't be too expensive. Whoever sells them to me can wrap them in cardboard and plastic and get Shipping / Courier Costs, and I will pay for the parts and shipping together.
    No need for me to send pictures as the Mk 2 dash looked the same from '82 to '89. If someone has one they could email me a picture at bill.woodland@wightman.ca as a way to confirm.
    Thanks!

6. XR2

XR2 Forums Inventar

You'll need more than the rack and the dashboard. You'll need the whole LHD brake assembly including pedals, fitment of the steering wheel and so on. The LHD Fiesta was sold in America, at least the MK1. Most of the parts of the MK1 should fit...

EDIT: There were two different kinds of dashboards available. The low-spec version without rev-counter, without clock and the high-spec like it was fitted into Ghias and XR2's...

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 15. Februar 2008
  7. TS
    billwoodland

Thanks for your reply. No 'lacht di voller gewibheit' here, although I apologize for not speaking German.
    I have the steering, which will mount LHD in the Quantum. I am changing the brake booster and master cylinder to Japanese and can use the Quantum pedal cluster. No, I've already checked and the Mk1 Fiesta as imported into North America has a different steering rack and I may use dash, although I'd prefer Mk2 Xr2- and I said that I'm looking for the 'Xr2' which has the revcounter.
    I very much need some LHD Xr2 Mk2 components, especially the STEERING RACK. Germany is my best hope. I would really appreciate the name of a good German wrecking yard/ dismantler that carries Fiesta parts, or a dealer who still has parts. Everyone on this site gets their Mk2/Xr2 parts SOMEWHERE! Please recommend a source! THANKS! BW

8. Mk2 16V

Mk2 16V Forums Inventar

As I said above.. I am sure I have the parts you´re looking for. I´ll take pictures during the weekend. If you need any other parts, just let me know.

9. TS
    billwoodland

Thanks!
    I'm also looking for a LHD Clutch Cable.
    Bill

10. Mk2 16V

Mk2 16V Forums Inventar

Ok, this is what I found today:

[​IMG]

This is two parts of the dashboard which need some cleaning but are in good condition, two air tubes which won´t fit from the RHD-model and a clutch cable. I have a look in my other garage hopefully tomorrow and do a search for steering parts. Ah, and i´ll try to check out costs for shipping. :kippe:

11. Mk2 16V

Mk2 16V Forums Inventar

This is the steering rack. The bike is not for sale. :lol:

[​IMG]

12. Mk2 16V

Mk2 16V Forums Inventar

For evaluating shipping costs I need your address.. or at least the postal code. Maybe... you contact me via PN or eMail or whatever?

13. TS
    billwoodland

Thomas;
    Thanks! Let's talk.
    My email is bill.woodland@wightman.ca
    I can't find your email- can't read the site very well.
    Bill